Premonition Fashion Trendy Sexy Affordable Curvy Clothing

Premonition Fashion is an online boutique that specializes in clothing for women of all curves! Prem Fash is aware of the challenges of finding attractive, flattering and affordable clothing for women with curves. We offer high fashion items as well as jeans, party tops, dresses, accessories and more! It is our job to find ‘clothes for curves’ so that you don’t have to.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Some clothing items a no-no for plus size?

Do you think there are certain items a plus size woman should not wear? If so, is this size discrimination?

I have been contemplating this for quite some time now. If we are pro self-acceptance and about loving our body images than how can we say that a plus size woman should not wear ____? Tube tops, Mini Skirts, etc. Wear do we draw the line between most flattering and conforming to norms?

I will be writing more about this soon, but I’d love your insight!

Take care, Kristi of Premonition Fashion
www.PremFash.com

Reader replies:

Sarah, a member of Curvy Chick.com replied:
"I believe that yes, it should be up to the woman themselves of what to wear and stuff. However, you have to keep in mind what actually works for you and what doesn't as an individual, everybody's body type is different (plus Size too) and some women I have seen gone to waaaayyyy to many extremes of wearing almost anything that they think is sexy, because it is the lastest trend or it looks good cuz it looks right on the shelf or manican but it doesn't fit right on you. It really should not be limit, however, some girls do take it to the extreme where they are literally showing a bit too much, for my taste at least, but personally I like to cover up a lil, and show off maybe, if I feel like it, some clevage or legs (I like my legs :-D). But it really is up to the woman how she wants to dress. with style it is what you make it. You can't allow the clothes to make you...you have to make the clothes that you own or purchase make you feel confident and comfortable...and make you say I am a bad bitch!!!! And even if you are but ass naked, you have to look at yourself in that mirror and tell yourself in the famous words of my girl Monique: "I am Fabulous and Thick"!"

Katrina, a Curvy Chick.com Member replied:
"I think you should wear what you want. But I think that woman should keep in mind that the key to fashion is to enhance. I don't think skin baring and wearing daring fashions is always sexier. It is sexy to enhance your legs or back or whatever you good part is. I think I have nice legs so I wear lots of dresses. But I know that I have some arm and roll issues so I don't wear tube tops. It is all up to the individual. I think it is one thing to have self acceptance and another to have self respect. Every fashion is not for everyone and it is up to each individual diva to find their own style."

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At August 8, 2011 at 10:44 PM , Blogger PlusClothingExpert said...

Great ideas. Thanks. I've been contemplating on that too. Well, I wanna wear anyplus size designer clothes as long as it fits.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home